Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break

Ok, so I'm running a little behind in my blog. What can I say, but I have been spring cleaning and playing with Mollie. I'm on a roll with cleaning out and the truth is I wish spring break had been a little longer so I could finish while I'm in the mood. Instead I cleaned out the linen closet tonight when I got home from school. I am saving Mollie's room for last because I'm dreading it! She should have been named Messy Mollie. And it can't be finished in one afternoon after a full day at school.
Anyway we played too! Mollie and I slept late and let Ron go to work. We had a play date with my friend Michelle and her son Jacob at Chick-Fil-A. That was the day we got about 7 inches of rain. It poured and poured for what seemed like forever. We also made a trip to Build a Bear with them. We came home with a pink and white bear dressed in Hello Kittty PJ's.
We met Mom and Dad in Branson on Thursday amd did a little shopping. Ron and my Dad hit a new golf course called Murder Rock. All was well. We hit Silver Dollar City on Friday with over 16,000 other people. I guess I'm spoiled by the short lines that you find in the middle of the week during the summer. It took over an hour to get there and to leave which really stunk, but the rest was really fun. Mollie loves roller coasters so we rode Powder Keg first thing. She wanted to ride Wild Fire, but she needs another 1 1/2 inches for that one. Maybe by the end of the summer she will get to. She has high hopes. She has so much dare devil in her it's hard to believe sometimes!
Easter...We ended our break with Easter. Mollie was as excited about the Easter Bunny coming as she was about Santa Claus. She had her picture made with the bunny at the mall on Saturday. After that she told us that she knew that wasn't the real bunny because she could see eyes through the holes in the mask, but she new he was helping the real bunny. I loved it! She had lots of fun hunting eggs at home and at church that morning. We had church in the new building. I really enjoyed it. Our new building is wonderful and we were able to all be together. Its nice to celebrate with out own family, but it's also nice to celebrate with our church family. It was really nice to see our friends Drew and Mandy get to enjoy Easter together since Drew has been deployed to train our troops in TX and OK. Believe it or not I cooked lunch for everyone. It was good if I do say so myself.
We ended the week with a haircut for Mollie and dance class yesterday. Mollie had fun at both.

P.S. I did get a little blonder! I might just stay this way. Maybe blonds do have more fun!

1 comments:

The Harris Family said...

Girl, you can't get much blonder! It was nice to have Drew home, but it was so hard to say good bye again. I'll see you tomorrow night at church.