Monday, April 7, 2008

Live Life and Love

If I have learned one thing it love the people around you. I need to tell you that Ronny Hardin is the love of my life. He has taken care of me when lets face it life wasn't pretty and I was probably crabby and in pain. He picks up the slack at home and most importantly he has loved me through it all and makes me smile!
Having said that let me tell what all has happened since Friday night. Life has changed for us again. Mollie and I went to Anderson, MO (just over the state line) for my best friend Danita's daughter's birthday Friday night. We were spending the night and going to return late Saturday afternoon. Ron went to the Razorback baseball game with his brother. On Ron's way home a teenager, without a drivers license, and in a borrowed car (and the friend didn't know it was borrowed) pulled out in front of him. Ron managed to swerve and only hit the back end of the car instead of directly hitting him. But Ron couldn't stop and hit a large concrete base of a light poll on the passenger front side. Everyone involved was very lucky for it not to have been worse. As usual Ron set it aside and didn't want to worry me and I didn't find out till the next morning. I came home as soon as I found out. His head was still hurting and he was dizzy. I took him to the emergency room. He visually looked fine, but the Dr. wanted him to have a CT scan of his brain. When he came back it was not with the kind on news we had expected. Ron either had a small bleed in his brain or a menginoma. For those who don't know that is the exact type of tumor that I had surgery for 8 weeks and 6 years ago. I thought someone knocked the wind out of me and there sat my husband being as strong as he has ever been. They weren't certain which it was and wanted to send him to Springfield, MO where they had neurosurgeons to read his scans and evaluate him. So into an ambulance went Ron and I came home to pack. Thankfully we had dropped Mollie off with my friend Kim. Mollie had stayed with her family while I had surgery in February. I left as soon as possible and picked up Danita in Anderson. With her husband Kris following us it was 8:00 before we got there. Ron's brother and his wife met me there. By the time I got there he had already had another CT and seen the ER Dr. We were finally moved into a room about 9:30. I sent Danita and Kris home about 11:00 thinking it was bleeding and we would be going home on Sunday. But when we saw the neurosurgeon Sunday morning he wasn't sure which it was and wanted Ron to have an MRI to find out. So Ron had the MRI about noon Sunday and I went to buy him socks. It was the only thing I had forgotten to pack for either of us and under the circumstances that I packed that was pretty good. After the MRI we waited all day. We finally saw the Dr. again about 8:30 this morning. It is a menginoma-a type of benign brain tumor and the same kind I have had. It took another 3 1/2 hours to get him discharged.
We are both still in shock and experiencing a whole range of emotions. Ron's truck is totaled and we will be dealing with that over the course of the next week or two. I have already called St. Louis and they are expecting us. We will work out the details of that hopefully tomorrow.
Once again life has thrown us a curve ball when we thought we were just starting to recover from the last one.
We did end the evening on a better note. Mollie had her first softball practice tonight and she is playing with several friends this year. They are so funny to watch. We have not told her anything about the diagnosis yet. She does know about the car accident.
I feel a little scattered with my writing tonight, so please forgive any mistakes. Ron is watching the NCAA final game and I am looking forward to my own shower and bed.

2 comments:

The Harris Family said...

We've been praying and will continue to do so. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

You know you are in our thoughts and prayers. If we can do anything, please let us know.